The Direct Aid Program
The Direct Aid Program (DAP) funds projects that relieve hardship and advance developmental objectives in Iran. The Embassy supports small development projects from individuals, community groups and non-governmental organisations on a not-for-profit basis. The Embassy funds projects that:
- improve quality of life and increased access to employment opportunities for women and girls, and persons living with a disability; and
- establish education programs (e.g., basic literacy, gender equality, drug and health awareness, water, and sanitation), vocational training initiatives within poor urban communities and contribution to medical facilities for treatment of the disadvantaged groups; and
- alleviate poverty within the Afghan refugee community (by supporting educational institutions and providing increased access to vocational training, employment opportunities, improved settlement, and sanitary water).
Australian Embassy is currently funding the following NGOs for 2022-2023:
- Institute for Support of Patients with RP
- Pouya Hamyaran Farhang-o-Honar
- Society for Recovery Support (SRS) or Jameiyat Hemayat az Behboudyaftegan
- Rebirth or Jameiyat Kheirieh Tavalode Dobareh
We are accepting applications until 27 April 2023.